Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Should we call Wednesday Dogsterday?

Dogs always seem to know where the good light is on a lazy weekend.  The first two photos were not staged, rather I caught these two dogs when the light was right and I grabbed my camera.  Here are a few quick shots I took and figured I'd share.  Who doesn't like a few dog photos to brighten their day, right?

Cody

Cody is a friend's dog and he sure loves food.  He will stare for hours at you until he gets a nibble.  He also apparently likes baseball.  Shot with my Nikon D90 and 35mm lens.  The curtains reflected the light like a huge light box.  This room was a little smaller and more light reflected on his face from the walls than the next photo.  I didn't have to do much editing in Lightroom.

Dog named cody
Cody - Circa 2014





Charlotte

I took this photo in December 2013 of Charlotte who is again another friend's dog.  She is a Pitbull mix and really likes licking people and hiking.  I took this when the sun was really low in the evening but the window shades were open.  This created more of a silhouette as the light was more harsh.  I didn't want to use a flash to fill in her right side as it had taken maybe 10 minutes just to get her to stay still.  I was able to correct some of the shadows in Lightroom.  All in all, I like her pose and the bokeh effect of the floral couch. 
Dog named Charlotte
Charlotte - Circa 2013

One for the funny pages

Cookie

I snapped this photo of Cookie with an old Casio EX-Z1000 in 2007.  I walked Cookie to a street near my house that was filled with lots of graffiti art.  Let's just say I got a few stares trying to make a Yorkshire Terrier that is about 7 lbs. look tough on the streets of San Francisco.  In the end, I thought the two of us pulled off the look we were going for.  Lol. 

Pic of Dog named Cookie
Cookie - Circa 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment